Member Code of Conduct
The Member Code of Conduct provides an ethical framework for the conduct of SPDA members’ businesses and other activities.
The Code of Conduct defines how SPDA members are to relate to industry, government, employees, suppliers, consumers, and the community. Sustainable Projects Developers Association members require members to operate in a professional manner, and with the highest level of commercial integrity.
This Code of Conduct provides a common behavioural framework for all SPDA members. Together with our purpose and strategic goals, it is a key part of the SPDA culture.
The Code of Conduct is not intended to be all-encompassing. There are areas in which SPDA expects members to develop detailed policies in accordance with development of time. The Code of Conduct provides a set of guiding principles to incorporate with whatever additional policies are required in businesses.
As a member of the Sustainable Projects Developers Association, I/we will:
- Contribute proactively to a clean energy future for Australia by demonstrating sustainable practices
- Demonstrate commitment to best practice and continual improvement of the industry including participation in voluntary guidelines and accreditations
- Conduct business in accordance with the laws and regulations of the jurisdictions in which I/we operate
- Compete fairly in the markets in which I/we operate
- Work safely and apply industry best practice to the health, safety and wellbeing of employees, clients, consumers, suppliers and communities
- Aim to bring long-term benefits to the industry, rather than short-term advantage for individuals
- Co-operate with and support the Clean Energy Council to achieve its objectives
- Show respect for the diverse range of people and cultures with whom I/we work and for their human rights
- Not be involved in corrupt or unlawful practices, bribery, discrimination, or similar improper behaviour
- Refrain from making representations (media, government, other) on behalf of SPDA.
- Act ethically and with integrity, decency and respect for the community, consumers and the environment
- Perform and comply with any variation or amendments to the Code of Conduct made at any time by SPDA.